Rapidus has partnered with Shopify to provide local courier delivery to Shopify merchants anywhere in California, Colorado, Washington & Texas.
If you are a Shopify merchant, please follow this easy step-by-step guide to enable Rapidus local delivery for your store. It is completely free and comes with no subscription fee. (However, as of November 2020, access to the Carrier Services requires the store be on the Advanced Shopify Plan or higher.)
1. Create Rapidus Account
We need your contact information to create an account.
We also need a credit card on file. This is a required step, and your credit card will not be charged unless you request delivery and it is completed.
You may also apply for direct billing and weekly or monthly invoicing by submitting a business credit application form.
2. Enable Shopify Local Delivery
You will be asked to log in to your Rapidus account that you’ve created in the first step.
3. Configure Rapidus Integration with Shopify
Now you will be asked for several configuration options
- Store URL is automatically set to the URL of your Shopify store. You do not need to change it.
- Handling time is time in minutes – time allocation between the moment the order gets into the system, and when courier can arrive for pickup. Typically, the time that is required to process, locate, prepare, and package the order.
- Pickup instructions – prefilled instructions for the courier at pickup location (your store, warehouse, etc), e.g. “entrance from the pickup and deliveries backdoor”
- Dropoff instructions – prefilled instructions for the courier for delivery, .e.g. “Call when arrived. Leave at the secure location if nobody is able to receive.”
- Warehouse location – address where to pick up the order
- Show to end customer
- When selected, the end customer will be provided with a local delivery option at check out time.
- When not selected, you are still able to use Rapidus courier delivery for fulfilling your orders, however, the charge is not pass-through to the end customer.
- Holidays – use the selection to define holidays and days off for your business. Rapidus will not provide a delivery option for those days.
- Days off – option to select your workdays and days off (day of the week). Same, Rapidus will not schedule deliveries on days off.
- Direct hours – use it to define the “pickup window” for “direct” delivery service. Example:
- you define pickup window for direct hours as every other hour, e.g. 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm
- you define handling time as 45 minutes
- the end customer places order at 9.30 am
- the order will be ready at 10.15 am (order time + handling time)
- Rapidus will look for the next pickup window (12 pm) and will schedule the order for pickup at 12 pm
- Same-day hours – use it to define the “pickup window” for “same-day” delivery service. If specified, the end customer will have an option for direct delivery and a same-day option (cost-effective but can be delivered until 6 pm same-day).
4. Enable Customer “Pass-Through” Pricing
When Show to end customer option is enabled, your end customers will see Rapidus delivery as an option for delivery (as long as local delivery is available.
Once the end customer completes the order, the delivery request is automatically created and becomes visible in your Rapidus account.
The order is automatically fulfilled and Rapidus tracking information is provided in the order.
Please note: canceling fulfillment from within the Shopify will not cancel a scheduled delivery in Rapidus. You need you go to your Rapidus account and cancel a delivery request from there.
5. Local Delivery Subsidized by the Merchant
You may decide that you want either to markup or cover the shipping costs, or subsidize the local delivery for all or certain segment of customers (e.g. large purchase amount, long time customers, etc).
In this case, uncheck Show to end customer option. Rapidus delivery will not be provided during the checkout process but you may create a placeholder for the local delivery option based on certain criteria (e.g. zip code, city, etc). You may also use it in combination with other Shopify apps.
Once the order is placed, it will not be fulfilled automatically.
You may fulfill the order and schedule delivery request via Rapidus Orders interface.
If you have multiple outstanding orders, you may use the checkbox on the left to select more than one at the same time. You may also select either Same-day or Direct delivery service. Once selected, the delivery request will be created and a tracking number will be provided.
Questions & Suggestions
Also, if you are interested in providing integration for local courier delivery with any other platform, we’d be happy to help.